Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Meditation on The Hermit

This is a meditation I wrote a number of months ago on The Hermit card from the Fantastical Creatures Tarot. I hope to become more skilled at this sort of thing!


As I meditated, I imagined myself entering the card, stepping into a forest, surrounded by tall slender tree trunks. Bare branches criss-crossed overhead, and I felt a sense of things being tangled or complicated. Some of the trees and bushes were full of green leaves. It seemed to me that I was entering a world of both the dead and the living. I felt very peaceful and relaxed. The Old Lady of the Elder peered at me from behind a small, bushy elder tree. Its white flowers seemed to form shapes, but I could not quite determine what they were. I did not feel the need to speak to the Old Lady. We both simply waited and contemplated each other. I was filled with a sense of recognition, as if meeting a kindred spirit. It occurred to me that I might have seen her in a dream a long time ago. I decided that I would try to summon her into future dreams, in hopes that I can learn what she wants to teach me.





Fantastical Creatures Tarot, illustrated by Lisa Hunt, written by D.J. Conway

1 comment:

  1. I liked this Zanna especially the part where you wrote "It seemed to me that I was entering a world of both the dead and the living. I felt very peaceful and relaxed."

    Now you should try going back and this time ask the old lady what she has to reveal to you. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna