Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Week at a Glance: 6 of Swords

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week.

Before I explore the new Week at a Glance card, I want to comment on last week's card, _The Tower_.

As it turned out, I'm pretty sure that card was alerting me to problems with my mother's health. She became ill and was admitted to the hospital on April 17 (Wednesday). I totally did not see that coming. It was definitely a "Tower" experience because it has made clear to Mom and the rest of our family that she probably needs to think seriously about moving from her home into a place where she can be closer to medical care and attention. Meanwhile, we are making some significant changes for the foreseeable future in her current living arrangement.

I often have trouble seeing how a daily or weekly card actually applies when I get to the end of the day or week. Not this time!

For the week of April 21, 2013 I am using _Tarot of the Mystic Spiral_ by Giovanni Pelosini, with artwork by Giuseppe Palumbo (Lo Scarabeo).

My card is the SIX OF SWORDS.

Tarot of the Mystic Spiral

The suit of Swords is the suit of the mind and communication, which suggests that something in that realm will be particularly important this week. I often see the Six of Swords as being about running away from or towards something. In Tarot of the Mystic Spiral, the Six of Swords shows a group of initiates on a boat crossing "the whirling torrent of the Maelstrom." On the Rider-Waite Six of Swords, the boat moves toward calm waters. We cannot see if there are calm waters ahead for the initiates on the Mystic Spiral card, but we do know that they must survive this difficult crossing if they are to reach their destination.

It appears that this week I may need to journey through "rough waters" if I want to change something. It will be up to me to see that this journey broadens my perspectives, sharpens my perceptions, and clarifies my state of mind instead of the opposite.




1 comment:

  1. If you look at the sequence, life is actually asking for it to make changes, and trust in the future promissior, although the swirls may be present, as well as the lightning struck the tower. in the background are different ways to remember that life always works for the good, since we let drive without fear. How would a phrase from a song here: "Safe in the hand of God and go." She recovers well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna