Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Week at a Glance: Bat (The Hanged Man)

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week. I also use this opportunity to become more familiar with decks I don't work with a lot, so you will often see me quoting the creator of the deck or someone who has a closer relationship with the deck than I do at this time.

For the week of August 11, 2013 I am using The Animal Wisdom Tarot by Dawn Brunke, illustrated by Ola Liola (CICO Books). I will be posting a review of this deck on Tarot Notes soon!

My card is BAT - Master of Suspension (Trump 12).


Traditionally known as The Hanged Man, this Major Arcana card typically represents something of great significance or at a higher spiritual level than we normally experience day-to-day. Keywords provided by Dawn Brunke for Bat are "Surrender, Release, Sacrifice, Renew." She offers this Message: "Go within, and then let go."

Easier said than done, I think! Going within may not be too difficult -- but letting go? In addition to contemplating what I might need to "let go of" in my past, this card also encourages me to explore where I might want or need to relinquish control in the present. This may require a sacrifice -- perhaps simply sacrificing (or surrendering) my belief that I need to control something and ceasing my efforts to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna