Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Week at a Glance: The Star RX

The purpose of drawing a "Week at a Glance" card is to get a sense of the sort of energy, circumstances, or personal qualities I might need to be aware of during the upcoming week. I also use this opportunity to become more familiar with decks I don't work with a lot, so you will often see me quoting the creator of the deck or someone who has a closer relationship with the deck than I do at this time.

For the week of September 8, 2013 I am using Tarot of the Origins by Sergio Toppi (Lo Scarabeo). My card is THE STAR (Key 17), reversed.

Tarot of the Origins


This is the second week in a row I am getting a super-positive Major Arcana card -- reversed. (Last week it was The Sun, reversed.)

The LWB that comes with Tarot of the Origins does not interpret reversals. Manfredi Toraldo offers this interpretation of the upright Star: "The primordial spark rediscovered. Represents a Wish, the Dream, a Direction."

The dominant color in this card is blue, which I view as representing spirituality, the unconscious, tranquility, truth, and thoughtfulness. In numerology, the number 17 reduces to 6, which I view as representing adjustment in thoughts or attitudes, peace, harmony, and balance.

In the upright version of this card, two large hands coming from above break open a rock, sending a shower of sparks downward, where they seem to burst into a large star. When we turn the card upside down, the hands rise up from the bottom of the card, and when the rock breaks, the sparks fly upwards, bursting into a star high above.

To me, this suggests a "wish, dream, direction" being released into the heavens, becoming a starburst in the night sky. (Wish I may, wish I might... have the wish I wish tonight.) Yet this is more than a mere "wish." With the upright card, it's as if a superior being is showering us with magic from above. Reversed, the hands could be my hands, working to break open the rock to release the magic, to create a shining star -- symbol of wishes come true. I find the reversed position of this card to be quite inspirational!

As I work on various creative projects this week, I will visualize my energy opening the treasures that lie within, sending them upward and outward into the stars.

5 comments:

  1. Nice interpretation of this star card Zanna - here's wishing you a creative week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen. I really do like this card from this deck!

      Delete
  2. I so rarely use reversals, yet when I see something like this it reminds me how powerful they can be. What a gorgeously different and inspiring reading the reversal gives here. Hope your week was filled with magical creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chloƫ. I have to say, I did feel especially creative and productive this week!

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear it! I love weeks like that (though mine wasn't). :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna