Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Sunday, June 7, 2015

DotD: 6 of Swords and Owl

My Day of the Druids reading involves asking the DruidCraft Tarot* and the Druid Animal Oracle* what I need to be aware of today.

The positional definitions are:

(1) Not only... (2) But also...

Let's see what my message is for today...



(1) Not only... SIX OF SWORDS (DruidCraft)

Today I need to be aware of a need or opportunity for a journey that can lead to solace or healing. There is a chance for me to blend my inner and outer natures, my unconscious and conscious minds, my otherworldly and mundane selves. Whatever has been weighing down my thoughts and limiting my perspective can be left behind as I travel across spiritual waters towards renewal and rebirth.

(2) But also... OWL (Druid Animal Oracle)

At the same time, the Owl preaches detachment, wisdom, and change – the ability to turn a disadvantage into an advantage. The detachment aspect of this card intrigues me the most, given the message of the Six of Swords. It is quite possible that I need to detach myself mentally from something or someone before I try to set out on my journey to a new place (or perspective or perception). A study of esoteric lore may play an important part in the journey represented by the Six of Swords.

(Please Note: I am aware that the DruidCraft deck is not strictly a "Druid" deck. The word "Craft" in the title alerts us to the fact that this deck incorporates both Wicca and Druidry.)

* Sources:

The DruidCraft Tarot (deck and book set). Text copyright 8 Philip and Stephanie Carr Gomm 2004. Illustrations copyright 8 Will Worthington 2004. This edition copyright 8 Eddison Sadd Editions 2004. ISBN 0 312 31502 3.

The Druid Animal Oracle by Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm. Card Illustrations by Bill Worthington. Fireside: Simon & Schuster, Inc. Text copyright 8 Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm 1994. Card illustrations copyright 8 Bill Worthington 1994. This edition copyright 8 Eddison Sadd Editions 1994. ISBN not known.

4 comments:

  1. I love this combination spread. You might even try to pull two Celtic lenormand card as a practical advice what to do now or what can be helpful to do??
    Btw I've been trying to write some Tarot haiku's in Dutch and so far I am really enjoying it. So agian thank you for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea about using the Celtic Lenormand, Ellen! And it's so cool that you are writing haiku in Dutch. :)

      Delete
  2. I truly liked this combination of cards, they complimented each other perfectly, that detachment or understanding what it is that may be holding you back is symbolised wonderfully by the owl and the wisdom the card brings is what sets you free - row row row your boat, gently down the stream....... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the cards, Helen! I always love to see an owl in any reading I do.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna