Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Ostara 2016

Yes, I’m a bit late with this, I know. Ostara annually falls on the date of the spring equinox, which was March 20 this year. Nevertheless, operating on the better-late-than-never theory, I am resurrecting (!) a spread I designed for Ostara back in 2012.

The name “Ostara” comes from Eostre, the Teutonic goddess of spring and fertility. Her symbols are the egg that represents rebirth and the hare that represents fertility. I designed a Tarot spread based on an Easter egg, which I colored myself in The Print Shop:



This year I am using the Chrysalis Tarot by Toney Brooks with paintings by Holly Sierra (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) with the following positional definitions for the cards:

(1) The path to physical rebirth
(2) The path to emotional rebirth
(3) The path to spiritual rebirth
(4) The path to mental rebirth
(5) The new (reborn) me



(1) The path to physical rebirth
TEN OF MIRRORS (Cups) – Keyword: Peace
The suit of Mirrors represents nourishment and love. The rainbow dove of peace leads me on the path to physical rebirth with a new cycle that includes emotional fulfillment in the present cycle. The connection between emotional and physical health is abundantly clear. It’s time to let things go, to let things be, to stop trying to control it all.

(2) The path to emotional rebirth
NINE OF SPIRALS (Wands) – Keyword: Perseverance
The suit of Spirals represents passion and personal growth. The circling ravens on this card represent energies of change as the ancient wind-blower Aeolus (Captain of the Four Winds) sends gently spiraling winds in my direction, gently nudging me along the path to emotional rebirth. By persevering, not giving up, my efforts will see success. There is a need for will power, determination, and confidence.

(3) The path to spiritual rebirth
SEVEN OF STONES (Pentacles/Coins) – Keyword: Regret
The suit of Stones is the suit of happiness and prosperity. On the Seven we see the maiden Syrinx reflecting on her choices and the rewards they may bring. Whatever regrets I may have concerning previous spiritual path(s) need to be “tossed into the river” so that I can continue on the path to spiritual rebirth. Let the healing begin.

(4) The path to mental rebirth
THREE OF SCROLLS (Swords) – Keyword: Rejection
The suit of Scrolls is the suit of intuition and clarity, two things that certainly would contribute to mental rebirth. The Three of Scrolls is about the pain of letting go. This card invites me to visualize a rainbow’s violet band of light, as this color vibration connects me to the Otherworld’s unseen purposes. My old state of mind and perspective may be based on rejection, betrayal, or broken promises, times of difficulty and sadness. I need to leave all of that behind before I can move toward mental rebirth.

(5) The new (reborn) me
GOLDEN FLOWER (Temperance, Trump 14)
I am delighted to see a Major Arcana card in this position. As I drew the cards, I was thinking that would make the most sense. Not only that, but this is Temperance, the card associated in many systems with my Sun sign, Sagittarius. In this deck Temperance is a Golden Flower representing harmony and meditation. The fish on the card portray “active restoration of balance through appreciation and acceptance, as opposed to resistance and resignation.” Butterflies join in as symbols of “energy radiation outward as evolving consciousness” (the butterfly is also a common symbol of rebirth!) By following the messages of the preceding cards in this reading, I can draw ever nearer to a “rebirth” that is based on conscious awareness, along with an ability to accept the natural ebb and flow of life’s ups and downs.

The first thing I notice about this group of cards is that it includes all four suits/elements plus the Major Arcana. The clearly show how physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health are interconnected and rely on each other to create a harmonious whole person.

The fifth card was so perfect, it took my breath away. I will be referring back to this reading often!

3 comments:

  1. a very balanced reading indeed. I am asking the companion book for my birthday! Then I am going to work with this deck again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ellen. I know you'll enjoy working with this deck. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Also, I just realized I forgot to insert the image of the spread, so I have done that.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna