Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Energy of the Day: A Reading

For today’s blog entry I am doing a reading with a spread I saw in action over at Ellen’s blog, _Greylady’s Hearth_. Ellen has given permission for me to use the spread, which she came across years ago on line. If anyone knows where it originated, please feel free to let us know!

Let’s see what the Celestial Tarot by Brian Clark (U.S. Games Systems, Inc.) can tell me about today. I am placing the cards in this layout:

………….1…………..

2……………………..3


1 The energy of the dayQUEEN OF CUPS

Linked with the zodiac sign Scorpio (fixed water), the Queen of Cups leads me into “the paradoxical realm of feelings, the unfathomable regions of the soul, and a deep engagement with the unconscious” (Clark). Wow. With the influence of this Queen on the day, I have an opportunity to experience a transformation, “exorcizing the ghosts of the past and the haunting memories from unsatisfying relationships.” Again, wow. Emotional healing and increased stability are “in the cards” for me today, as Queens in general offer “The Stability of the Fixed Spirit.”

2 The challenge of the dayEIGHT OF CUPS

Fittingly, the Eight of Cups as a challenge represents the idea that “sacrifice needs to involve past feelings, expectations, or ideals, which no longer support our contemporary life” (Clark). I may feel a need to withdraw or I may experience feelings of depression as I try to process these feelings. This may involve self-examination in an effort to honestly reevaluate a past relationship that haunts me.

3 Gift of todayTHE LOVERS

I love this as my Gift of today. For one thing, Gemini is my husband’s Sun sign, and I feel I am being encouraged to appreciate and acknowledge the “Gift” that he is. Clark writes: “The appearance of the card focuses on our balanced relationships, whether with a twin, soul mate, sibling, partner, or friend.” Yet it also “reveals the need to be mindful of separateness and differing agendas within relationships.” Today I have an opportunity to reflect on my relationship patterns and their complexities. This Gift can help me begin to find a balance between separateness and togetherness, not only in terms of a relationship with someone else, but within myself. It is intriguing to me to think of my “inner Self” as consisting of twins – identical in many ways yet very different in temperament, yet bonded to each other as One Self.

I really liked this spread when I read Ellen’s reading on her blog, and now that I’ve used it, I LOVE it! Look for more readings like this at Tarot Notes in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked the spread this much. It is one I use quite often.
    The lovers is a great gift card. I believe a loving relationship with our self is a key component to every other relationship in our life. This will help us to stay our own person instead of fading away in the shadow someone else

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. It made me mindful of some things I might not have considered today!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna