Order a Reading from Me

Order a Reading from Me
Please send relevant information to zannastarr@gmail.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017

A Reading with the Astrological Oracle Cards

For this post, I felt led to work with the Astrological Oracle Cards by Lunaea Weatherstone and Antonella Castelli (Lo Scarabeo). The guidebook that accompanies this deck offers two suggested spreads. I was especially intrigued by the Circle of Houses Reading.

For this reading, I picture the wheel of an astrological chart and the placement of the 12 Houses around the circle:


If you are not familiar with the areas of life governed by each astrological House, there are many places on the internet where you can find that information.

For this reading, I need to choose which House (area of life) best represents my question or concern. I choose HOUSE 1, which Lunaea Weatherstone describes as:
“the house of personality, the outer self that you express to other people and the impression you make at first glance… Ego, in the sense of the traits and characteristics that make you uniquely you.”
Next, I separate the star sign cards from the planetary cards. I mix the star sign cards and draw one randomly. It is LEO. As stated in the guidebook, Leo is a Fire sign ruled by the Sun. Leo’s motto is “I will.” Leo can be described as being proud, radiant, and warm, with inborn confidence, generosity, and a belief in its own power to get what it wants or needs. If unbalanced, this energy can come across as arrogance or vanity, with a tendency toward exaggeration.

I place the Leo card at House 1 on the wheel.

If I wanted to read about any of the houses after House 1, I would place the remaining star sign cards, in the correct order, around the wheel, one to each house: Virgo for House 2, Libra for House 3, etc. However, my question relates to HOUSE 1, which is LEO in this reading.

Now I draw at least one planetary card for insight into the area of life in question. I can draw more than one planetary card if I wish.

I mix the planetary cards and draw: URANUS. The guidebook describes this planet as ruling invention and originality, a fresh point of view, originality, eccentricity, and a willingness to go to extremes. Uranus is the planet of rebellion and revolution, that flash of brilliance that can lead to meaningful change.


In this reading, the area of my life governed by HOUSE 1 demonstrates or expresses the qualities associated with the planet URANUS in the sign LEO.

TO SUMMARIZE: The impression I make on others (House 1) can be seen in the energy of Uranus (originality, eccentricity, rebellion) under the influence of Leo (pride, confidence, generosity, arrogance, vanity). Here is how the guidebook describes the energy of Uranus in Leo: “Others turn to you for inspiration.”

This is quite fascinating, really, when I compare it to my actual birth chart, where House 1 is in Virgo, with Saturn in Libra as its only planetary occupant. Both Virgo and Saturn impart a restrictive, disciplined, reserved nature that is almost the complete opposite of what one would expect from Uranus in Leo.

I identify with and accept the Virgo/Saturn nature as a key part of my personality, yet perhaps at this point in my life, at this moment in time, my outer self is also creating an impression of Leo/Uranus energy. I can see that as well, and have no trouble accepting it.

This has been a lot of fun, and I plan to do it again soon!

2 comments:

  1. I just got this deck and am beyond excited to try it out. Reading your experience with it is inspiring and fascinating. I love how in depth you go in explaining each card and how they connect with each other. :)

    -Olive Reign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Olive. I know you'll enjoy this deck!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from my readers!
~ Zanna